Saturday, February 21, 2009

This process is so interesting...

...because it's not linear as I had expected. Partly it's a language thing and partly it's (probably) normal, getting a book printed thing. So, what do I know? I'm a newbie at this. Submitted the final layout/draft today (Saturday) and it will be ready Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I'll take home the copy and read every page for mistakes and if everything is okay; I'll pull the trigger and get 500 copies printed, which will take about a week. It is getting very close, I can feel it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and good luck, and be very careful before you decide the book is finished and it's time to pull the trigger and approve it for printing.

    One of my books went through endless reading, and five generations of proof revisions before I decided it was ready to print.

    When it was printed, I found more mistakes.

    Fortunately I use P-O-D, so books are printed one-at-a-time, and I don't have to think about 500 imperfect books with errors waiting to be discovered by readers.

    Michael N. Marcus
    http://www.SilverSandsBooks.com
    http://bookmakingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete