Thursday, December 19, 2013

Editing...

Argh! The editing, it never ends. And the rewrites! My editor is an absolute gem; a taskmaster, but a gem. Meticulous to a fault, which makes her gold.
After this experience, I'll likely go back and re-write my first book. Heaven only knows, I would like a bit less colloquialisms in it and some of the narrative could use a new look and edit (and that's an understatement).
I hope you budding authors out there appreciate my candor and frank-speak regarding my processes.
Writing, editing, printing, publishing, and marketing are the hallmarks of a self publishing author. Know your strengths and, more importantly, your weaknesses, before charging off into the bookosphere.
Knowing one's weakness becomes a strength and can carry you far.
I would conclude with this; get yourself an editor (even if you have to pay for one). If they're truly knowledgeable, he/she will be worth every dollar/baht.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment