Saturday, January 10, 2009

Today I went to see the printer...

...to check the quality of their printing and bookbinding. It's absolutely first rate. We finalized the cover paper weight (310gr) if I remember correctly, illustration pages (glossy) weight (130gr), and the text page weight. The printer recommended an 80 gram for the text pages but the sample he showed me was too thin. I could see the text on the backside of the page so I went the next weight up; 110 gram. My main concern besides the quality of the printing was the binding. My books will be a "NO STAPLE ZONE"; I want first rate glued binding. I'm not doing a hard cover on my first publication. I sized my book to half an A size paper. If I can sell a few books then maybe I'll do a hardcover for "Phra Jan". I'd really like that, we'll see.  
I should have my ISBN number on Monday.
This whole process is pretty cool and I'm starting to get excited as I get closer to having a copy of my book in my hands.

There is a huge book fair in Bangkok in March; I'll be there seeing if I can get some bookstores interested. 

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
Robert Frost

And so it goes, there is no place to rest.

Add to Technorati Favorites
  

No comments:

Post a Comment